The North Area Neighborhood Development Council meets the 1st Thursday of Every Month
THURSDAY, MARCH 7, 2013
6:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
MLK Park Gymnasium (39th Street and Western Ave.)
- 1. Welcome and Call to Order & Translation Services (5 minutes)
- 2. Announcements (15 min)
- LAPD report – Senior Lead Officers – Banuelos
- CD 15 Report for Councilmember Jan Perry - Marie Rumsey
- CD 8 report for Councilmember Parks – Cathy Davis
- Senate District 10 representative for Sen. Curren Price – James Westbrook
- USC representative – Associate Senior Vice President of Civic Engagement Craig Keys
- 3. Public Comment (5 min) - Comments from the public are limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless the presiding officer of the board determines a different limit for a particular item.
- 4. Roll Call of Present Board Members (5 min)
- Action - Approval of Minutes for February.
- 5. Action/Discussion: I Hablo U (10 min) has been a signatured NANDC program for three years where English native speakers and Spanish native speakers learn language, and culture, together. Past President Shawn Simons is requesting funding the program again this year.
- 6. Discussion: Budget Report – Acting Treasurer Josyel Castellon. (15 min).
- P-card approvals.
- P-Card Reconciliation report approval.
- 7. Action/Discussion: NANDC Committees – (15 min)
- Policy – Andrea Canty
- Community – Josyel Castellon.
- i. NANDC board member Joey Vieira and ANNA, represent by Marco Flores, will be organizing the Big Saturday cleanup on May 4. They are requesting funds of about $300 that will be matched by other entities to help pay for supplies for the day.
- ii. The committee, overseen by Joey Vieira, supports the purchase of polo shirts for board members that will ID them as NANDC and city of LA officials. The request is for $450.
- iii. Business card orders and request to purchase..
- 8. Action/Discussion: Health Fair 2013 (10 min) – The fair has been scheduled for April 7 at MLK Park from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Volunteers are needed: To set up at 11; Man the NANDC booth from 1 to 5 p.m.; To tear down from 4 to 6 p.m. Josyel Castellon.
- 9. Action/Discussion: Goals and Agenda setting (15 min) – Agenda Setting for March 7 Meeting and goals for 2013
10. Action/Discussion: Board vacancies (10 min)