Assemblyman Mike Davis organized a town hall on the 2010 California Budget on Saturday, July 24, from 9 am to 1 pm at the California Science Center, Annenberg Center Muses Room.
As the state is facing historic shortfalls feuding over ideologies has caused a budget stalemate to the point that the Gov. Schwarzenegger is again trying to pay state workers minimum wage until the budget is passed. It appears that he hopes that having state workers suffer will force the two sides to compromise, likely making Democrats lower taxes and cut programs to gain more Republican support.
• How will California schools get their money? The proposed budget reduces funding forCalifornia’s school districts by $4.4 billion, a press release from Davis reports.
• Overview of Recent Cuts to California's Safety Net otherwise known as Cal Works, Medical, Food Stamp Program, Healthy families Program etc.
• Davis is the chair of the Assembly Arts, Entertainment, Internet Media, and Tourism Committee.
• Assemblyman Bob Blumenfield:Chairman, Assembly Committee on the Budget
• Jean Ross: Executive Director of the California Budget Project
• Frederica Magee, legal counsel to Assembly Speaker John Perez
For information or to RSVP
Contact: Steven Miller
(213) 744-2111 or firstname.lastname@example.org